Pages

Friday 9 September 2016

What we do for Daily 5.

Daily 5 is something we do for reading in our class room.We do things like read to self, listen to reading, work on writing, read to someone and word work. That is all we do for Daily 5.
Read to self: we get a book and sit down and read for the whole time you've got.
Listen to reading:we get a chromebook  and go on storyline on line. When you go on it you can see a lot of different books and you can pick one to listen to.
Read to someone:You find someone who wants to read to you and get a book and sit down and do eekk and you need to pick a good fit book. Eekk is when you put you knee to the other person's knee, and your elbow together with their elbow. Then read the book together.
Work on writing:We get a chromebook or write in your writing book. You can write about whatever you want.
Wordwork: We play board games or use Ashley spellers. The type of games are Banana scramble, Scrabble, Upwords, Hangman and magnet words. My favourite game is the Okay Card Game.
Because of Daily 5 I can read more fluently- that means before I couldn't read much and now I can.
By doing wordwork I understand more words and this helps me read more and write more than I used to.
I use the Thinking Toolkit for Daily 5:
I ask questions about words that I don't know.


What do you do for reading in your class room?













4 comments:

  1. Wow i really like your picture and your writing maybe add pictures of how to do it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Keisha,
      That's what I was just about to do. Thanks for the advice.

      Delete
  2. Wow i really like your picture and your writing maybe add pictures of how to do it

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you look so young abagail and it is so cool

    ReplyDelete